Welcome to the TripSit IRC Channels. We have created a ruleset to help communicating with each other while maintaining a comfortable atmosphere.
Therefore the following rules need to be followed in all TripSit administrated channels. These rooms are amongst others: #drugs, #tripsit, #bookclub, #compsci, #gaming, #help, #music, #news, #psychonaut, #psychopharm, #sanctuary, #tripsitvip, #tripsit.me.
If you have any questions, please join #tripsit.me to discuss unclear rules with us.
Should you witness a user breaking one of these rules, use the ~report command (~report #channel user reason) to notify the TripSit staff.
Use the ~report command (~report #channel user reasonhere) if you see a TripSit user break any rule, guideline or policy listed below!
By connecting and using TripSits service, you have read and agree to abide by our terms of service, found here.
Nicknames may not contain any racial slurs or bigotry. In this case the user will be forced to choose another name, multiple offenses may result in bans.
By connecting to any chat channel within the TripSit network you agree that you will:
1. Use common sense and don’t do questionable things. If you have any doubt over whether your topic, question, advice, or comment is acceptable, feel free to speak to any operator or staff member on the IRC channel or join #tripsit.me to grab the attention of everyone available. We are happy to give you a solid judgement on whether your topic is acceptable in private without judgement or consequence.
2. Keep discussions in the appropriate channel. The #drugs channel is moderated by the TripSit staff and is our most frequently used channel. It is used for general drug discussion. This includes dosage, effects, routes of administration, and just general chat. Use #tripsit for calmer chat and for counseling. We have #psychonaut for spirituality topics and #psychopharm for chemistry topics. Finally, #tripsit.me if you wish to discuss specific question or issues with moderators and administrators; this channel is devoted to discussing meta TripSit topics such as banning and rules inquriries.
3. Not post any gore. Please mark any content 18+ with a NSFW label.
4. TripSit reserves the right to take action to restrict or terminate your access to TripSit at any time for any reason. In the case of repeated offences or a bad attitude we reserve the right to forgo these protocols in favor of the community.
Absolutely no sourcing.
Sourcing is defined as:
1. Discussion, requesting or posting the personaly identifying information of websites, online vendors (this includes websites such as Amazon) and real-life people who sell or coordinate the purchase of: Chemicals (legal, clearnet, or otherwise), paraphernalia, and currencies (bitcoin).
2. Do not ask for a vendor's name, URL, PGP key or any other contact information.
3. Keep in mind sarcasm is hard to tell on the internet, it's better to err on the side of caution when considering to jokingly ask for sources.
Rules are NOT to be argued in public channels. If you have a problem with the rules, take it to #tripsit.me or PM. Arguing with a staff member about the rules in a public channel is grounds for being removed from the channel.
Remember: Everything you post on the internet is recorded in some way and can/will make it's way back to you. It is for your own safety and the safety of the network that these rules are in place. We want to provide you with the best network ever. It is ultimately your responsibility what you post in chat. Be aware that legislation differs depending on location and do not suggest illegal acts.
Impersonating an officer of the law will first result in a warning. If the nick is not changed the user will be kicked. Repeated attempts to join with the same name will result in a temporary or permanent ban.
We are a network devoted to harm reduction and positivity. Keep It Positive People (KIPP). No rude, mean, or judgmental language or discussion. This includes racial slurs, homophobia, and all other prejudice against any person or group of people. Do not insult other users; take heated arguments to private chat. Posting personal information about channel members, or doxing, is grounds for a permanent network ban. Trying to collect personal info of users is dealt with in the same manner.
This channel is for people currently under the influence of drugs and those there to sit them. This channel should always be ready to help fellow members. Please take any drug discussion, arguments or otherwise distracting chatter to #drugs instead. Only light-hearted and positive conversation here: We all know how easily a trip can turn bad just by a simple thought. Anyone caught being facetious will be warned and then banned if need be. Rules are STRICTLY enforced in this channel.
The TripSit community is devoted to harm reduction, support, and positvitiy, and we will never recommend or tolerate dangerous or reckless drug use. Users identified as continually engaging in reckless drug-use behavior are seen as a bad influence on the community as a whole, actively working against our statement to be a a harm-reduction community devoted to positive support. It is against the rules to endorse or encourage dangerous behavior regarding drug consumption. All users are expected to discourage drug dosages, drug combinations, or any drug experimentation which could be reliably considered unsafe. Note that if a situation is identified as life-threatening, or one in which the community's users believe immediate medical attention is required, we will always attempt to contact local medical personel to help you. As such, these behaviors are considered against the rules and violators may be subjected to temporary or permanent bans (situation depending).
Please avoid spreading misinformation about drug use. Misinformation is harmful to our community. No information is always better than wrong information. It is still better to inform the person there may be no current information rather than staying silent and having them wonder if anyone noticed it. In most instances, people on the internet are not qualified to provide medical advice. Members of the TripSit community are extremely knowledgeable, wise, and often have ample life experience in a range of situations pertaining to drug use; however they are no substitute for a personal doctor. If you are not 100% positive about the advice you are thinking about giving, don't say it. If you don't have sources to validate your advice, do not say anything related to medical advice.
While TripSitters will try their best to help member cope with down feelings of depression or worse, we cannot tolerate threats of suicide. Suicide, depression and mental illness are not the focus of our network and our staff are not adequately trained to deal with suidical situations, nor is it fair to our network's member's to have the onus of guilt placed upon them for potential outcomes of such situations. If a member is experiencing suicidal thoughts or tendencies, we kindly ask them to consider professional theraputic assistance.
We endorse Reddit's SuicideWatch community.
Suicide prevention hotlines
Poison control hotlines
In a situation in which we fear for a users life, we will remind them of the guidelines stated above and do everything in our power to assist the member find qualified help. In a dangerous overdose situation in which we believe immediate medical attention is required, we will always attempt to contact local medical personel. These behaviors disrupt the primary objectives of our community. Therefore, suicide threats and attempts are considered against the rules, and while we will try our best to help in the immediate timescale, such threats and attempts may result in either a temporary or permanent ban from the community (under discretion from the administrators).
While we are very accepting of members who may have mental illnesses and/or disorders, we do not condone or encourage the use or abuse of drugs that could interact, worsen, or otherwise negatively affect your health. The TripSit community will not serve as enabler for the destruction of your own mental or physical health. Please seek medical assistance if you have a question regarding mental illnesses or disorders and their interactions with drugs. We are not qualified to provide professional medical advice on drug interactions with mental ilnesses. We are here to help! If you want to discuss the topic, feel free to bring it up in our IRC channels or message the TripSit team. We are happy to discuss any topic at length with you, warn you of any potential drug interactions as well as give you advice, love, respect and positive energy to the best of our ability. The TripSit community is always here to help and support you, no matter what. We love you and want to keep you with us!
Do not evade a ban issued to you. If you wish to discuss your ban, please PM a TripSit staff member or join #tripsit.me.
To ensure maintaining a comfortable atmosphere, certain words trigger a auto-kick. Those are: