Welcome to the TripSit IRC Network. We have created a ruleset to help communicating with each other while maintaining a comfortable atmosphere.
If you have any questions, please join #tripsit.me to discuss unclear rules with us.
Should you witness a user breaking one of these rules, use the ~report command (~report #channel user reason) to notify the TripSit staff.
1. By using and remaining connected to this site, and any other site owned and operated by TripSit (TripSit.me), you signify your agreement to the terms, conditions and notices of this policy.
2. You indemnify TripSit, and it's managers (any owner, operator, or associate of this website, including but not limited to the administrators, moderators, webmaster, technical contacts, and officers; henceforth to be referred to simply as 'managers') take no responsibility or liability for anything that happens as a result of you reading or posting any information at TripSit.
3. You acknowledge IRC is a free, real-time, unmoderated media, and as such, TripSit Managers have little-to-no control over what users say in a chat room and cannot delete comments once they have been said.
4. TripSit may block access to users whose IRC clients run on (or connect through) hosts with open proxies, abuse-heavy anonymizer services, trojans, botnets, or other categories of software determined to present special risk to TripSit-operated server environment.
5. TripSit reserves the right to use automation to attempt to detect such software on your host, as you connect to TripSit servers, while you remain connected to the network and on occasion during post-connection analysis. Your use of the network signifies your acceptance.
6. If you do not accept the above policy, any use of TripSit IRC from your facilities is unauthorized and should cease immediately, after which TripSit Managers will be happy to discuss the matter further.
7. If you've been affected by a connect limit or a server ban, please feel free to appeal via email to: appeals at tripsit dot me. Sometimes users are affected by problems not of their own making. TripSit administrators will try to remove the ban or provide an exception if possible.
8. By continuing to enter and browse TripSit and it's systems, you are implying that you have read, understand and are in agreement with all of the terms stated in this document
Use of this service, and any other site owned and operated by TripSit implies your understanding and consent of the following clauses:
1. TripSit reserves the right to take action to restrict or terminate your access to TripSit at any time for any reason.
2. In case TripSit receives a court order with a properly authorized request, any stored information may be provided to law enforcement officials.
3. We like to deal with other behaviors in a softer manner, by guiding the user and explaining to them what is and isn't allowed.
4. In the case of repeated offences or a bad attitude we reserve the right to forgoe these protocols in favor of the community.
5. Every case is unique and will be dealt with to the best of the ability of the staff on duty at the time.
6. Every action by TripSit Managers is logged and audited.
7. Arguing with a staff member about the rules in a public channel is grounds for being removed from the channel.
1. You agree to hold responsible yourself, and no other, for the consequences of your actions while here.
2. Neither TripSit nor its managers assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, document, link, product, or post disclosed within this website.
3. Reference herein to any specific post, process, service or product offered by a member of this forum, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by TripSit or its managers.
4. While the managers will attempt to remove, edit or correct any generally objectionable or false material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message.
5. Therefore, you acknowledge that all data submitted to this website expresses the views and opinions of the author and not necessarily of TripSit or its managers.
6. Nothing on the board is to be taken as real and these may be games or fantasies people are expressing, therefore: Research on your own before taking someone's advice or following their example.
7. We want to provide you with the best network ever, but it is ultimately your responsibility what you post in chat.
8. Be aware that legislation differs depending on location and do not suggest illegal acts.
1. The TripSit Team will not police rooms created by users, however, if there are reports of activity going against our rules we reserve the right to intervene, including the permanent takeover or shutdown of a channel.
1. Rules have been established to protect TripSit and its members against abuse.
2. Use of TripSit for any purpose that is unlawful, or in any manner which could impair the operation of this site or any other party's use or enjoyment of this site, is strictly prohibited.
1. Use TripSit in any way, shape or form for unlawful purposes, including, without limitation:
I. Attempting to solicit or obtain contraband substances or substances of a quasi-legal status or information on how to do so (please see our guidelines on sourcing below).
II. Posting or exchanging any information on ongoing or future criminal activity, any information which can be construed as discussing such activity or actively encouraging others to engage in criminal activities.
2. Post any content that is libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, tortious or inaccurate.
3. Post any content that is copyrighted by another, or invasive of another's privacy. This includes linking to any peer to peer sites, such as torrent search engines that allow access to copyrighted material.
4. Post any content that victimizes, harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or any other reason.
5. Associate a third-party website with TripSit without authorization.
6. Act as an official representive of TripSit.
7. Interfere with service to any user or host including, without limitation, mail-bombing, flooding, and attempting to deliberately overload the system.
8. Attempt to gain unauthorized access to data, accounts or systems of this service, or probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system of this service; disseminate in any way, content originally posted in any staff-only area of this service.
9. Use other Internet sites to promote libelous or slanderous messages about TripSit or incite abuse against TripSit.
Absolutely no sourcing.
Sourcing is defined as:
1. Discussion, requesting or posting the personaly identifying information of websites, online vendors (this includes websites such as Amazon) and real-life people who sell or coordinate the purchase, distribution, or production of: Chemicals (legal, clearnet, or otherwise), paraphernalia, and currencies (bitcoin).
2. Asking for a vendor's name (This includes doctors), URL, PGP key or any other contact information.
Keep in mind sarcasm is hard to tell on the internet, it's better to err on the side of caution when considering to jokingly ask for sources.
Rules are NOT to be argued in public channels. If you have a problem with the rules, take it to #tripsit.me or PM. Arguing with a staff member about the rules in a public channel is grounds for being removed from the channel.
Remember: Everything you post on the internet is recorded in some way and can/will make it's way back to you. It is for your own safety and the safety of the network that these rules are in place. We want to provide you with the best network ever. It is ultimately your responsibility what you post in chat. Be aware that legislation differs depending on location and do not suggest illegal acts.
1. While TripSit welcomes users and communities from all ends of the spectrum, our network is not designed for nor aimed at children - in accordance with the United States government and the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, individuals under the age of 13 are not permitted to browse TripSit nor create user accounts.
2. We require (in accordance with the Children's Online Privacy Act of 1998) that minors 13 years of age or older ask their parents for permission before logging on, and to refrain from posting any information about themselves, personal or otherwise, on the network.
3. If you have collected information from or about a child under the age of 13, both parties will face a network ban.
The administrators of TripSit reserve the right to delete any and all data associated with abandoned accounts including, but not limited to: Profile information entered by the user, channels owned by the user or blog posts made by the user.
I. Further, TripSit reserves the right to reissue the username & any channels associated with an abandoned account.
II. An account is deemed to be abandoned if the account has no activity in the last three months.
III. A channel is deemed to be abandoned if the channel has no operator activity in the last month.
The TripSit staff maintains an offsite presence (to some extent) on the following sites:
Any links to Facebook groups, chat rooms, or other online communities other than those listed here are not affiliated with TripSit in any way. The administration of TripSit can not enforce our policies off site.
1. Everything you post on the internet is recorded in some way and can/will make it's way back to you: It is for your own safety and the safety of the network that these rules are in place.
2. Any communication that you transmit to TripSit should be considered non-confidential, and you agree that TripSit will not be liable or responsible if information that belongs to you is intercepted or used by an unintended recipient.
3. TripSit does not monitor private communications, however it should be assumed that any other party is logging what they see in public chat or a private message.
4. As a user you agree to any information you have entered in a public chat or forum being stored in a database.
I. These cookies do not contain any of the registration information you have entered; they serve only to improve your viewing experience.
6. TripSit provides a Tor hidden service to protect the identity of users, and you are welcome to use this hidden service at your own discretion.
7. While personal information (including but not limited to your name, email, and IP) will not be disclosed to any third party without your prior consent, the managers cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
8. TripSit will not share member information with any party, unless the member has violated the TripSit User Agreement, in which case TripSit may take all necessary measures to ensure its security, including publishing the information or sharing it with private investigators.
9. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information, TripSit has put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information it collects online
10. Any unauthorized access to this system is prohibited and is subject to criminal and civil penalties under Federal Laws including but not limited to Public Laws 83-703 and 99-474.
11. IP addresses may be recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions.
12. You agree that TripSit and its managers have the right to remove, edit, move or close any submitted data at anytime should they choose to.
13. TripSit is an informational and community resource which does not advocate breaking any laws.
Rules are enforced by the TripSit staff. If you see a thread violating the rules, please use the "Report" button under the poster's name to notify the moderators. If you see a post in a chat room against our rules, please use the command " /msg TripBot ~report #channel user reason ". Try to be as clear and detailed as possible when explaining the nature of the problem. You may also talk to the TripSit Managers at any time in IRC by saying " /join #tripsit.me " or using this link. Please join #tripsit.me if you are unclear or need further explanation about any IRC rules. The #help room has staff there to address network-related issues, such as problems connecting.