How to DJ
Feb 23, 2013 You no longer have to enter a Username or Account name in your DJ software. Just leave the field blank.
Jan 28, 2013 There's now a fallback stream which plays music when there's no DJ. As a result, the username is changed to tripradio - the password isn't changed. To get FTP access to upload fallback stream music, pm bod.
These people are known to DJ on the radio. Please add yourself to this list if you are an active DJ. You can message admins and mods for the DJ password.
- bod - Admin
- trainwreck - Mod
- Teknos - Mod
Setting up your streaming software
Here's the details you need to know to setup your streaming software.
The screenshots may be outdated. The table below has the correct information.
Primary DJ Server
|Hostname||tripsit.fm - not tripsit.me|
|Username (or "Account")||Leave empty|
|Password||Apply to get password|
|Streaming format||mp3 only, 128kbit - not 320kbit!|
Use this stream for testing before applying for the main server password. The testing stream is not public. You can listen at http://tripsit.fm:8000/tripradiotest - try testing it on your mobile phone or another computer to see if the audio quality is good.
|Streaming format||mp3 only, 128kbit|
Example of server settings:
All DJs have to set up their streaming client like this:
|Stream title||[TRIPRADIO] - WWW.TRIPSIT.ME - #drugs @ irc.snoonet.org|
|Stream description||Your IRC nickname|
Basic guide to DJing
If you are totally new to DJing, here's what you need to know:
- For Mac, I recommend Nicecast. I think its the best one out there and streams meta information.
- For Mac and PC, the butt streaming software is good. However, I do not think meta information can be broadcast:
- Download butt here: http://butt.sourceforge.net
- Step 1: Select Stereo mix as Audio device.
- If Stereo mix isn't available, try Virtual Audio Cable
- If you're on Mac OS X, you probably want to use Soundflower to reroute your audio
- Step 2: Configure the server as per the server settings above
- Step 3: Press Play to start streaming.