This document is for specific instructions on configuring individual clients to connect to TripSit IRC via the Tor hidden service. For more information, see How to connect through Tor. For clients not specifically mentioned in this guide, please refer to freenodes guide here
1. Open your proxy configuration page (Tools>Options>Connect>Proxy)
2. Input the following details
Connect: Both Protocol: Socks5 Hostname: 127.0.0.1 Port: 9150
3. Activate the proxy with /firewall -d off
1. Open your proxy configuration page (Settings>Configure KVIrc>Connection>Proxy Hosts)
2. Check "Use Proxy"
3. Click "New Proxy"
4. Input the following details (Username and password should remain blank)
Proxy: Tor Port: 9150 IP address: 127.0.0.1 Protocol: SOCKSv5
5. Make a new network (Settings>Configure Servers>top button on the right hand side of the server list, it looks like a little globe) and name it "TripSit"
6. Make a new server under the network "TripSit" (Settings>Configure Servers>Second button from the top on the right hand side of the server list, it looks like a rectangle shot at an angle) and name it "fgkjgjce66ymgx2g.onion"
7. Configure the connection to TripSit to use Tor as a proxy (Settings>Configure Servers>fgkjgjce66ymgx2g.onion>Advanced>Connection>Proxy Server>Tor:9150)
1. Open your proxy configuration page (Settings>Network>Network Setup)
2. Input the following details under "Proxy Server"
Hostname: 127.0.0.1 Port: 9150 Type: Socks5 Use proxy for: All Connections