As a network dedicated to harm reduction, both staff and the members of TripSit put their best efforts in making sure that everyone joining the community is provided with the best advice in practicing safe drug use. Although being successful in helping many people that come through our community, despite our best efforts, there are cases to which is beyond the scope of help that we can provide. We would like to note that the people of TripSit, unless stated otherwise, are not professionals in the medical field, therefore we encourage seeking professional help be it a doctor, psychiatrist or a therapist and in extreme cases to have them go to the emergency room. Listed below are a few resources one can use to find the professional help near them.
- Addiction A site which contains lots of information about addiction to drugs and otherwise, geared towards an individual gauging their behaviour, and including many resources for how to help others and get help with addictions (focusing on UK users).
- Addaction A charity which organises social efforts in local communities to support and treat drug addicts across the United Kingdom, with over 120 projects in place around the country.
- Realease Provides a helpline in the UK for those seeking advice and help on drug use and abuse.
- Recovery "When you opt for the increased success rates common to some of the top residential recovery centers, you give yourself or your loved one the best chance of achieving and maintaining sobriety. However, you'll still need to consider whether to seek addiction treatment locally or take it out-of-state, putting distance between you and any abuse triggers. If you know someone who has gone through an alcoholic recovery program or has received drug treatment, ask them their opinion on the program they attended! For everyone else, calling a toll-free recovery hotline - whether it’s ours or another reputable service's - is an excellent way to start. You can discuss your local drug and alcohol recovery program options and have any questions answered that you might have about substance abuse insurance coverage." ("Choose the Best Addiction Recovery for You." Http://www.recovery.org/. Web.)
- Identifying Thoughts, Feelings & Behaviours "This self-help course will be helpful for individuals who have problems with anxiety, depression or anger. The course can also be adapted for other problems. Clinicians can use the course with their clients, using one step each weekly or fortnightly session." ("Identifying Thoughts, Feelings & Behaviours." Self Help & Therapist Resources. Web. <http://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/cbtstep1.htm>.)
*Please note, more resources will be added in the future*